- The internet is the?top source for gathering information on topics of interest.
- Over half of us consume online video.
Social networking sites are used by the majority of us.
- Online search engines are the top online information ?gathering ?tool.
- We are not only just using computers; but a growing number are equipped with tablets and smartphones as well.
According to surveys boomers are tech savvy
With all this interest in technology it is no wonder why some of us are making money online as well. I say some because like the population at large; between 90 and 95 percent of online business initiatives fail to earn money.
Why is this?
- First of all there is a great deal of information out there that needs to be filtered in order to find the right recipe for online success.?Unfortunately?quite a bit of this information is written and promoted by self proclaimed internet gurus who make slick ads promising six figure plus income per annum in a short period of time with little effort. The only ones making money from these offers are the scammers themselves.?
- Second, there are a lot of sites and documents available that provide sound information about web site building, content writing, internet marketing, and search engine optimization to name a few things. ?But these are scattered all about the internet making it hard to get the big picture of making money online.
- Third, there are number of what look like legit programs out there to help us make money; but once you get hooked you find that they are multi level ?marketing schemes where the only ones making any real money are the people above you in the pyramid who profit by your efforts. Selling herbal remedies and dietary supplements make up a lot of this scenario.
- The truly legit online marketing how to sites are hard to find since they are in the vast minority. Sometimes it’s like looking for a pin in a haystack. And you are confused as to what is good and what is not because of all the noise around this topic as mentioned in the previous three points.?
Blogging is a good way us boomers to start earning income online
- Shows us to write a blog that is made up ?of high quality original content
- Provides training in all aspects of internet marketing techniques such as
- Finding a niche market
- Keyword research
- Understanding online consumer behavior
- How to become an authority in your niche
- How to get on page one in search results
- Leveraging social media and video sites
- Affiliate marketing to earn money
- How to easily build a website anyone can do in literally a day or less
- Provides access to a large community of peers who like you are learning from the ground up or who are trying to extend their expertise further.?
There are several programs out there that do most if not all of the above. Here is my review of one of the top ones. ?I intend on providing information on this site, about the ones that I find worthwhile and also to help steer you away from scams.
Finding a niche is important
Good luck in learning to make money online. You may have already tried some other programs like me and felt they were either incomplete or just out and out scams. This site is here to support you and help you as you look for the right internet marketing program.
If you have any questions or comments ?about this article you can leave me a message below or contact me via my Wealthy Affiliate profile; the current program I am following.
Mike founder of?The Wealthy Boomers